Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Cleaning


We live in a small two-story house with many small rooms and are coming to a time in life where the rooms' uses need to be re-purposed. Noelle's bedroom is actually the size of a nice walk-in closet (worked great as a nursery) and she ended up with it being the youngest. She turns 11 on the 31st and needs room to spread out, as apposed to spilling out into the hallway, lol. Kirk and I will reclaim the downstairs master bedroom (now our multi-purpose room) so she can have our bedroom upstairs (much more space) and her room will become the mutli-purpose room.

Well, I started the process of going through all of our "stuff" in the multi-purpose room yesterday (need to downsize it or redistribute it throughout the rest of the house). Wow! I filled an entire garbage bag (30 gallon) to bursting and I'm only half way through the room. I guess the cleaning was overdue, lol (amazing how much paperwork is accumulated from homeschooling).

All of this is a good thing because I developed allergies about 2 years ago and realize that I need to raise my standards in cleaning around here. Well, I've begun and it feels so good!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the spring cleaning. I haven't done any this year and really should. We *re-purposed* the two bedrooms downstairs after the kids married/moved out (sort of!).

Lisa's room still has her furniture and is a nice guest room. We kept a twin bed in Chris' room but then put a treadmill and weight machine in there. Whenever Lisa and Justin buy a house, they will take her things which are now stored in the closets of these two rooms and I've got some plans for those storage spaces.

I wish I could figure out a place for a permanent formal dining area in this house. We have a pretty decent amount of square footage but the space wasn't allocated as I would have done.

Anyway, enjoy the room changes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

All Things Creekside Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez