Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Journey


I have some friends who are finding their way in regards to what they believe. I am on the same journey myself. About a year ago I heard a message preached by Paul Washer (Shocking Youth Message) and it so completely confirmed my thoughts on what I read in the Bible. I must strive to compare my walk with Scripture, not what I feel or others think. Here is a video compilation of one of Paul Washer's sermons (Examine Yourself ).



If you want to listen to more of his sermons then go here.

A lot of discussion has mentioned the term "Churchianity" so I did a Google search and found this wonderful article. What a great description of the True Church, the Bride of Christ!

However, I don't think it is wrong to be a part of a body of local believers who gather together to fellowship and worship together. I also fellowship with a body of believers online. I worship with my family and on my own.

I don't have it all figured out, I'm continuing to learn and grow. This is why I like unschooling so much. Christian Unschooling is about helping/letting my kids find their walk with God, as well as finding my own. He created us all with a purpose - To have Life in Him.

Here is a video of the true Gospel, not the watered down version that is so prevalent today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I totally agree that we should examine ourselves by God's standards, not by other people's. Sometimes that is difficult to do! I also enjoy worshipping at church and on my own. For me, it is important to attend church with my children. As a child, we attended church. Then we stopped for several years - all throughout my teenage years. I definitely missed it! I finally went back in my twenties. I am definitely glad to be back. I have attended churches in my journey that I do not attend any longer. Some were good. They just were not for me. Others were not so good. It definitely is a search.

Kandy

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

All Things Creekside Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez