What is FOTR? Find out more here -- http://www.familiesontheroad.com/
We are in the beginning stages of figuring out what we need to do for this to become a reality (and I love the idea of downsizing to a simpler life). There is so much of this country that we haven't seen and this is the only way it will happen. Not to mention we have friends/family who live all over and we'd get a chance to see them. And, we homeschool, so it would be a great learning experience for the kids. They weren't too sure of the idea when I first started talking about it (I grew up in a family that camped and I loved it!) and then we went looking at RVs. That was an eye opener for them and now they are excited, too. Even if we don't go on the road, we've decided we want an RV so the kids and I could at least visit different campgrounds while Kirk is working jobs that cause him to drive too many miles everyday (the joys of living in a rural area). So, either way, it looks like an RV is in our future, provided we can save enough.
I have become friends on-line with another homeschool mom who's family lives this way, and we may be able to meet up with them this summer (Yeah!). It will have to be in a tent but that's what we are used to anyway ;). She keeps a blog of their travels if you want to check it out.
Off to daydream some more...
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hopefully you'll bring the dog when we camp together. The two labs can play together! I'm assuming it is a given that the rest of you will come. ;p
Krystal
You will LOVE Krystal & Nathan. I hope you get to meet them.
Post a Comment