Friday, August 29, 2008
??
Friday, August 29, 2008
Posted by
Me
I believe that abortion is wrong and you may believe otherwise. This post isn't to argue your stance with me. I'm not condemning anyone who has had an abortion. What I am confused about is how someone can believe that abortion is wrong for them but thinks its a choice for others???? I don't get the reasoning behind this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
All I can say is that it's not our right or the government's right to decide this and many other issues for someone else.
Make Sense?
I'm not talking about a right to tell others what to do. I'm referring to the thought that its morally wrong for you but its morally right for someone else? That seems to contradict itself, at least to me.
I see.
Good question because for me it is morally wrong but we don't all have the same morals. How can we decide that it's morally right or wrong for someone else.
So I'm saying abortion is wrong for me but a choice for others, I guess that is confusing... I am pro -life and do believe that there are many options to consider in an unwanted prgnancy that could avoid abortion.
In reality I believe the choice is what happens before conception, I do not believe that it is a choice to decide about life and death of another human. I do believe that life begins at conception and that abortion is wrong. It's a child not a choice is a good saying.
I do know women who have had an abortion and I can't begin to understand the agony they went through in making that decision.
I'm not sure if I'm explaining my thoughts well. Maybe I need more coffee :)
Your explaining just fine, Stephanie :)
Anyone else?
I'm more of an absolutist. I do not really adhere to a relativistic philosophy. I do believe our circumstances can affect us - that's a no-brainer. And I wouldn't judge someone else. I, personally, have a hard time with this question myself. I think this question is so hard because it does involve a truly innocent human being, not just the one person. We can be more relativistic when it comes to a decision someone makes for him/herself. But when that decision will effect a child, it's harder to understand. JMO. :^)
Kandy
Post a Comment