Monday, January 5, 2009

Learning to Knit


I tried to get Noelle interested in knitting a year or so ago but she got too frustrated....

Over the holiday break while having fun at a friends house, she realized that a couple of her friends knew how to knit. When we were at the library a couple days later, she found a book called Kids Knitting and checked it out. When we got home she asked me if she could have some yarn and needles to learn to knit. After several attempts to follow the book she asked for my help. We snuggled up in a big chair together and struggled through some intense moments (she's working on her patience ;) I decided to "start" the scarf she wanted to knit for her American Girl doll so we could concentrate on just the stitches themselves. She stayed up knitting in her bed and now loves it!

She started this project herself and I caught her in the act this morning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that she's so determined! It's ironic, I just saw that book at the library tonight. I picked up some books on quilting to go along with a study of the Amish that we're doing right now (we made Amish friendship bread today, so that started the ball rolling for us). :^)

Kandy

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

All Things Creekside Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez