Monday, July 21, 2008

My Transportation


My bicycle tires went kaput about a week and a half ago (can we say dry rot?). Kirk offered to buy me a new bike (my Schwinn was 16 years old) but I told him to just buy me some new tires and inter tubes. Well, a couple days later he came home with what I asked for but the valves on the inter tubes were like nothing I had seen before. So onto the Internet I went to search them out. There are two different types of valve stems; shrader and presta, mine were presta and I needed an adapter to inflate them.

While I was waiting for all that I needed to get my bike back on the road again, Kyle let me ride his mountain bike. Wow, it needed constant peddling to get anywhere so I have been getting a real workout using it.

Today, with the help of Bicycle Tutor, I put my bike back together! Boy does it feel good to be able to coast again ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ride ride ride till your tires rot off your bike...(to the tune of ride ride ride till your daddy takes your t-bird away)...
the biking realm...what a wonder to conquor...
hope you have some amazing joy rides.after all that work and reconstruction..
.maybe enjoying the rides just a little bit more knowing the complications of "under the hood"..
blessings lady jane,
alyssa

Anonymous said...

LOL! How did the South Carolina trip go?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

All Things Creekside Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez