Our dance team Praise in Action was part of a local festival Ministerium Night last night. The band Unforsaken was playing as well and made room for us on stage. They worked it out for us to dance during their breaks from playing and to give us a break before our next dance. It was a real blessing and we appreciated all that they did. They even announced us before each dance :)
The road to last night was not an easy one. When we were initially asked to do this (February), I was so excited for the opportunity and so were the other dancers. A new dance was found for us to work on in May and then people's schedules, dislikes, fears, and a pregnancy came into play and it was beginning to look like there wouldn't be enough dancers to fulfill our obligation. I was plagued by nightmares, doubts, and fears that made me wonder if the request should have been accepted in the first place. I hadn't been having these kind of struggles with our dancing before, so where was all this coming from?
Looking back on it all now, I believe it was a spiritual attack. The new dance was a dance of spiritual warfare, something new for us. When we take a stand against darkness, it tries to convince us that we are not worthy and will put whatever stumbling blocks in our way that it can. I also believe God allowed it to happen so that I would learn to trust Him even more.
Last night was testimony to perserverence and trusting God. My daughter stepped up and filled a spot in the first dance, two dancers that initially didn't plan on dancing were in the last two dances (we'd done these ones in the past), we received many affirming comments afterwards, and the band leader even joked that one of their members was leaving the band to join our dance team ;)
Note: We did three dances to the songs "Till the Walls Fall" by Martha Munizzi, "Shackles" by Mary Mary, and "Sovereign" by The Parachute Band. (All these dances, and more, are available here.)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a wonderful and powerful testimony, April! I love it when God teaches us something so profound!
That is wonderful! I think the enemy works that way - coming against us when there is something we know we are supposed to do to further God's work. I'm so glad you persevered!
Kandy
Post a Comment