I just found out about Letterboxing and think it sounds very interesting. We love being outside and this would be a great way to explore new areas. There is a book called The Letterboxer's Companion by Randy Hall that introduces you to this. Our library doesn't have it but another library in our county does so I'm going to reserve it. There is also a Wikipedia page on it.
Have any of you done something similar to this before?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sounds a little like the geo-cache. I just went and asked Don about it and he said it is the same thing: it is called "boxing" in the UK and geo-cacheing here. So "letterboxing" must be about the same thing. We never did it, but my sil and her two boys went crazy with it for about two years. They had a great time doing it.
We found quite a few "quests" in our area and the kids think it sounds like fun. One letterbox is on a trail that we love to hike so it should be an easy first.
Post a Comment